Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Good and the Bad

In the email I sent my family I forgot to mention the weather. I have worn a sweater and long pants every evening and sweaters in the morning. The sun is hot but the wind is chilly. But it is still way better than -30 right? Today we went to Mombacho Cloud forest and it was amazing! I can´t wait to show you movies of the zipline!
My Spanish is getting better and better and after 5 more weeks Ill be fluent!
Showers are all cold and hydro is out often.
People are very friendly here and the food is right up there with Mennonite meals! and the jusice....the juice beats all!
Not everthing is perfect though. One of the workers, Charles Brandt, fell off the roof and is in the hospital. He is doing okay but has a hairline fracture on a vertabrae and a seperation between two other vertabraes. It would be awesome if you could pray for him and his wife Luella. One of the girls became a Christian because of this so that is reason to praise God through this.
Okay...Im off the sleep...I have to wake up early tomorrow. We are having breakfast at 6 or 6:30am!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you will manage getting up so early!! lol Sounds like you are having fun so far. That must suck for Luella Brandt. I love that their is someone there by that name!!! Hope he will be all right.

Anonymous said...

fluent in spanish! neat! i miss you babe!!!♥

-Aimee

Anonymous said...

is there lots of hot guys? if there are im going to be jealousss..ha kidding. lol=D
lave you!!!!

+SQUID+
aka-aimee( if you don't remember..) ha =]

Anonymous said...

hey sweetums!!
wish i could be out there with you. spending time with you and catching up a little of all the time we have missed with eachother. i really hope that you have an amazing time out, and learn new things.
i miss you so much, my tall,... tall friend. i think that the next time we will see eachother will be in may. and you know what's happening then... !!!!!
well, maybe then you can teach me some stuff in spanish. :D
well, i gotta head to bed as well, it is 3 in the morning here right now. not too sure what time that is out there. you're probably having supper or something by now.
well, you take care my sweey pea.
you're the best and never seize to inspire and amaze me.
love you like crazy!! and miss you lots. take care of yourself all the way out there.
bye for now my love! <3 <3 <3
jere

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear more Janette! Just so you know, right now I'm drinking a big cup of coffee! I'm thinking of you and praying for you! I love you!